Yes, you can now bring your existing number to the Q Link Wireless network.
For the fastest number transfer possible, please have the following information available:
- Your existing Phone number
- The account number from your existing provider
- The account password from your existing provider
- Billing name and address on your existing provider’s account
- Keep your number active on your current network. Do NOT contact your current provider to deactivate your account before or during the number transfer or your number will NOT be eligible.
- Pay any remaining balances with your current provider. Otherwise, you will not be allowed to port even if the number is still active.
- Do NOT have a current port initiated with your current provider. If you do, you will have to call them to cancel it.
Your old number and account will get deactivated as soon as your number is approved to transfer to Q Link.
Once you follow these instructions and have the proper information on hand, call us at 1-(855) 754-6543 to get your number transferred!
If you already have a SIM card in the smartphone you plan to bring to Q Link, you’ll have to enter its last 4 digits to see if it’s compatible with our network. If you can’t find the SIM number, check out our guides on finding your Android’s SIM card number or finding your iPhone’s SIM card number.
If your current SIM card is compatible, you just need to activate your phone to start enjoying free service for life!
If your current SIM card is not compatible, you’ll need to verify your address so we can send you a free SIM card kit without any shipping or activation fees!
Yes, your smartphone will have your existing Q Link phone number. Once the system determines that your smartphone is compatible with the BYOP program, we will switch your Lifeline service and current phone number to your phone without interrupting your service.
While the easiest way to figure out your phone’s eligibility is to enter its ESN/IMEI/MEID, we’ve also compiled a list of the phones most commonly compatible with Q Link’s network.
iPhone 5c (Sprint, Boost, Virgin Mobile, or Verizon only)
iPhone 5s (Sprint, Boost, Virgin Mobile, or Verizon only)
iPhone 6 Plus
iPhone 6s Plus
iPhone 7 (RED)
iPhone 7 Plus (RED)
iPhone 7 (Sprint, Boost, Virgin Mobile, or Verizon only)
iPhone 7 Plus (Sprint, Boost, Virgin Mobile, or Verizon only)
iPhone 8 Plus
Galaxy S7 Special Edition
Galaxy S7 Edge Special Edition
Galaxy S8 Special Edition
Galaxy S8+ Special Edition
Galaxy Note 8
Galaxy Note 8 Special Edition
Google Nexus 5
Google Nexus 5X
Google Nexus 6
Pixel 2 XL
Moto E4 Plus
Moto G4 Play
Moto G4 Plus
Moto G5 Plus
Moto G5S Plus
Moto X Pure Edition
Moto Z2 Play
X Charge (Amazon only)
Alcatel iDOLTM 5s
Keep in mind that even if your phone appears on the list above, it is not guaranteed to be eligible. This is simply a list of phones that have the highest chance of being compatible with our network.
- Service must be ended for 60 days or more for phones used with Virgin Mobile, Boost Mobile or Sprint.
- If it is a Virgin Mobile or Boost Mobile phone, it must be active on the appropriate prepaid account for 12 months before it can be eligible for Q Link.
- All contractual and financial obligations must be met with Sprint before a phone can be eligible.
- If the phone is flagged as lost or stolen, it is ineligible. You must call Sprint to unflag the phone.
- Leased phones are ineligible.
There are different ways to find the IMEI/MEID/ESN number on your Android Phone.
- Go to Settings
- Tap About Phone
- Tap Status
- Scroll down and locate the IMEI/MEID/ESN number.
- Dial *#06# to have your IMEI/MEID/ESN show up on your screen.
- Remove the back cover and the battery to view the IMEI/MEID/ESN number.
Select your topic below: