There are a few reasons your phone might be going through data really quickly. It could just be because you have data turned on all the time and are constantly using it. Or it could be that your phone is using up data with apps running in the background, even when you aren’t using them.
But don’t worry, this is really easy to fix. Here are four super easy ways you can save your data for when you want to use it the most.
1. Connect to Wi-Fi When Possible
Connecting to Wi-Fi where it’s available is a great way to keep your phone from using up your data. If there’s a Wi-Fi connection available, your phone will use that to access the internet, use apps, and check email–instead of using your data.
Here’s how to connect to Wi-Fi from an Android phone:
- Open Settings and tap the word “Wi-Fi”
- Make sure the Wi-Fi switch in the upper right-hand corner is switched to the on position. Then, select the Wi-Fi network you want to connect to.
- Enter the password if it asks for one, and tap “Connect.”
2. Control How & When Apps Use Data
Most people don’t know this, but once you install an app on your phone, it can run in the background, even when you aren’t using it. That eats up a lot of your data. But there’s an easy way to prevent it.
To stop an app from burning through data in the background on your Android phone, follow these 3 steps:
- Open up Settings and then tap “Data usage.” If you don’t see “Data usage,” you may need to tap “More.”
- Scroll down, and you’ll see a list of apps on your phone, arranged by how much data they’ve used.
- Tap on the app you want to prevent from using data, and select “Restrict background data.” Click “OK” on the pop-up.
3. Disable Automatic Syncing and Updates
If your phone is set to update apps automatically, the download required to update your app can burn through data quickly!
To make sure apps aren’t downloading huge updates while you’re away from home and using mobile data, follow these easy steps:
- Open up the Google Play Store and tap “Play Store” in the upper left-hand corner to open the Google Play Store menu.
- Scroll down the menu and tap on “Settings.”
- Make sure that under “Auto-update apps”, it says “Auto-update apps over Wi-Fi only.” If it doesn’t, tap that section to change the setting.
2. I purchased data for my Q Link phone, but I’m not able to access the internet. How can I fix this?
If you purchased data for your Q Link Wireless phone and you aren’t able to access the internet, make sure your data is enabled on your smartphone. Here’s how to do that on your Android device:
- Go to Setting > Wireless & Networks
- Select Data Usage
- Toggle the Enable Data switch to the right position, so it turns green.
If your data is already switched on, and you are unable to use data, please check your available data balance by logging into your My Q Link account. For more information on checking your data balance, click here.
HINT: Turn the “Data Usage” switch off (to the left) when you aren’t using data. That keep any applications from using your data in the background. And for more tips on making your data last longer, click here!
If your Android phone is turning on and off on its own, you may need to reboot your device. The following steps will reboot the device:
- Press and hold the power button on your phone to turn it off.
- Once off, hold down the power and the volume down button until a recovery screen appears.
- Use the volume button to scroll to the “reboot system now” option
- Once “reboot system now” is highlighted, press the power button one last time.
Your phone will reboot, and power back on. This should fix any problems you’re having with your phone turning off and back on by itself.
Q Link Wireless now offers data Q Link Lifeline customers, at the lowest rates around!
Data can be used for email, web browsing, videos, music, social media, downloads, and more.
The chart below shows the maximum amount you can use for that one item only. You can mix and match your data usage as you choose. For example, if you have 500MB of data, you can use Google Maps for 4 hours and Skype Video for 1 hour.
Q Link offers a variety of data packages, ranging from 100MB to 3GB, 5GB, or even unlimited data! Plus, if you select one of our new bundles, you’ll also receive unlimited calling for the duration of the bundle! Just click here to check out our plans, and add low-cost data to your phone now, using our fast and easy online shopping. Access the internet on the go today!
* Numbers above are APPROXIMATE, based on average consumption.
Here are a few ways to contact Customer Support:
- Click here to send us an email at email@example.com.
- Be sure to include the reason for your email, your name, and your Q Link enrollment ID (or a phone number where we can reach you).
Note: It may take up to 72 hours for our Customer Support team to begin processing your request.
- Call us toll-free at 1-855-754-6543
- Follow the prompts to get help with your topic.
- You can send mail via USPS to:
Q Link Wireless
499 E Sheridan St, Ste 300
Dania, Florida 33004
- Be sure to include the reason you’re contacting us, your name, and your Q Link enrollment ID (or a phone number where we can reach you).
NOTE: Response times may vary depending on mail processing and delays. Once we receive your letter, it may take up to 72 hours for our Customer Support team to begin processing your request.
If you’re experiencing a weak signal on your phone, you may be temporarily outside of the network’s coverage area or roaming. Or, sometimes weak signals occur because you’re in an area that has weaker than normal signal strength. Other factors may affect your Q Link cell phone’s signal, such as weather, terrain, structures, foliage, traffic volume, and service outages.
If every outbound call you make goes to customer support, your account may be blocked for one of the following reasons:
- You are out of minutes
- Or, your Q Link cell phone was reported lost or stolen
While your account is blocked, you will still be able to dial *611 or 911 at any time. Until you add minutes to your Q Link phone, or until your minutes are refilled on the 1st of the following month, you will not be able to make any other outbound calls or receive any inbound calls. You will also be unable to send and receive text messages.
To continue making calls and text messages with your Q Link phone, you can add more minutes now.
No, your Q Link cell phone does not come with a Subscriber Identity Module (SIM) or memory card. Q Link phones do not require SIM cards, nor have a SIM card port for use. SIM cards are not required on the wireless network that Q Link Wireless uses.
A memory card is a small electronic data storage device used for storing digital information. They are commonly used in digital cameras, laptops, MP3 players and cell phones. If your phone is asking you to insert a memory card, it means that you have run out of storage on your Q Link phone. You may purchase a memory card at any major electronic retail store.
If you need assistance with inserting your memory card, or locating your memory card slot on your Q Link phone, please refer to your phone’s user manual. You may find your user manual in the Phone Manuals section, or search on www.google.com by entering your phone’s manufacturer make and model number.
To ensure safe handling, Q Link Wireless ships every phone with the battery taken out. Your package will include your phone with the back cover attached, your charger, and your battery. Before using your phone, the first thing you need to do is set it up. To do so, you need to install the battery, insert the charger, and then let it charge for at least 2 – 4 hours.
How to Insert the Battery:
- Carefully remove the back cover from your Q Link phone.
- Line up the metal lines at the end of the battery with the inside of the phone. An arrow should be printed on the battery for help.
- Secure the battery in the slot, and then carefully replace the back cover.
How to Insert the Charger:
- First install the battery in your Q Link phone. Then, take the charger and plug it into an electrical outlet.
- Find your phone’s charging port. There should be a sign or a rubber cover that indicates this. Then, line up the end of the charger into the charging port of your phone. The end of the charger should look like it would fit into the phone’s charging port.
- Carefully insert the end of the charger into the phone’s charging port. If there is mild resistance, stop. Turn over the end of the charger and try again to insert it.
If you need further assistance, please refer to your phone’s user manual. You may find your user manual in the Phone User Manuals section, or search on www.google.com by entering your phone’s manufacturer make and model number.
We’re sorry that you’re experiencing technical problems charging your phone.
If your phone isn’t working or does not turn on, please follow these steps:
- Make sure you’ve removed any tape or stickers from your battery that would prevent it from making full contact with the phone.
- Plug the charger in to both the wall and your phone, and then charge the battery for 4 to 6 hours before attempting to use your phone.
If you’ve tried these troubleshooting instructions, and you’re still having problems with your phone, you can request a replacement charger at no cost through our easy online ordering system, or purchase a replacement phone for a small fee of $25. Click here to begin.
You can also call Customer Support at 1-855-754-6543, or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Don’t forget to include your name and enrollment ID in the email, and describe the problem you’re having with your charger. It may take up to 72 hours for our Customer Support team to begin processing your request.
Click here to use our easy online ordering system, or call 1-855-754-6543 to make your request by phone.
If you’ve received the wrong battery or charger for your Q Link phone, you can request a replacement battery or charger online at no cost by clicking here.
You can also call Customer Support at 1-855-754-6543 or send an email to email@example.com. Don’t forget to include your name and enrollment ID in the email so we can find your account, and describe the reason for your email. Please allow up to 72 hours for a response.
Click here to use our easy online ordering system, or call 1-855-754-6543 to make your request by phone.
Yes, you can listen to your voicemail from any working phone. Simply dial your Q Link phone number (if your phone is turned on, don’t answer it when it rings). When you hearyour voicemail message, press * (star key) to interrupt it, and then follow the prompts to enter your voicemail password. You can now listen to your voicemail message(s).
For instruction on unlocking your phone, please refer to your phone’s user manual. You can find it in the Phone User Manuals section, or search on www.google.com by entering your phone’s manufacturer make and model number.
For additional assistance, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to include your name, enrollment ID (or your Q Link phone number) and phone’s make and model in the subject line or body of the email.
If you have a Blackberry e8703 phone, you may need to unlock it.
To unlock your Blackberry, first turn on the phone by pressing the power button (located on the top left hand side). Click the center button (under the word Sprint) and the phone will display “Lock or Unlock.” Use the scroll wheel (on the right side of the phone) and select “Unlock.” Then press the enter button (under the delete button) and enter the password “1234” or “0000.”
If your Q Link cell phone is locked or frozen, you can perform a Master Reset to help unlock or unfreeze it.
Master Resets are also known as Factory Resets or Hard Resets. They should be performed as a last resort after all other troubleshooting attempts have been made.
A Master Reset will result in the loss of all data previously stored on your phone. We highly recommend that you do a backup of your phone before performing a Master Reset.
To back up your phone data and perform a Master Reset, please refer to your phone’s user manual.
If your phone was lost or stolen, you can replace it for a small fee of $25. For your convenience, you can pay over the phone or online with a debit or credit card in your name, or with a prepaid gift card. Use our easy online ordering system by clicking here, or you can order over the phone with a money order by calling us at 1-855-754-6543.
You may be responsible for usage charges before you notify us of the alleged loss or theft. You also agree to cooperate if we choose to investigate the matter by providing facts, sworn statements, or anything else that would help our investigation into the matter. We will not credit or refund any account balance if you choose to terminate services as a result of loss or theft of your device. If you do not activate a new device or notify us that you have found your device within sixty (60) days from the date of notification, your account will be deactivated and you will lose your Q Link phone number.
First, please be sure you have already received an email containing your Q Link cell phone’s tracking number. If you have not yet received this email, please check your account status to make sure your phone has already been shipped.
Phones are shipped by the United States Postal Service (USPS) with service through UPS. If you already have your tracking number, you may see your phone’s tracking details on either the USPS or the UPS website. There are two ways to determine if your phone was lost while in transit:
- In Transit. Please note, the “estimated delivery” is not guaranteed, and actual delivery dates depend on your local post office. If your phone has been in transit for 2 weeks after the scheduled delivery date, and the last location shown is not in your city, then it may be lost in the mail.
- Delivered. If the tracking details show that your phone was delivered (with a date and time shown) and you have not yet received it, it may be lost in the mail.
If you feel your phone was lost in the mail, please send an email to email@example.com with your name and enrollment ID (or your Q Link phone number) in the subject line or body of the email, along with your inquiry. Please allow 5 to 7 business days for our customer support team to contact you.
If you have purchased a replacement phone or requested a replacement charger, you will receive an email once your request is being processed. Then, once the item(s) has shipped, you will receive a second email notifying you of shipment and providing a tracking number. Please allow 7 to 10 business days for complete processing of your replacement Q Link phone or charger.
If you have returned a broken phone or accessories, please allow up to 14 days for us to run diagnostics and return the phone or a replacement phone to you.
If you have not received an email with your tracking number after 14 days, or if the tracking status shows the package was delivered, but you haven’t received it, please call Customer Support at 1-855-754-6543, or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Make sure to include your name and enrollment ID in the email, and explain the reason for your email. Keep in mind that it could take up to 72 hours for our Customer Support team to respond.
23. I previously reported that my phone, battery, or charger was broken, but it now works. What do I do?
We’re happy that your phone, battery or charger is now working. Be sure to use your phone at least once every 30 days to keep your Lifeline service active. There is nothing further you need to do!
Before you start using your Q Link Wireless phone, you will need to perform a few simple steps to set it up:
- First, by insert the phone’s battery, charge your new Q Link phone for 2 to 4 hours (or until it is fully charged), and then turn on your phone.
- Next, dial 305-260-6232 from your Q Link phone, wait to hear that your phone has been activated, and then hang up. There is no charge for this call.
Remember, you must use your cell phone at least once every 30 days to avoid cancellation.
If you cannot activate your phone, please call Customer Support at 1-855-754-6543, or send an email to email@example.com. Be sure to include your name and enrollment ID within the email, and describe the reason for your email. Please allow up to 72 hours for our Customer Support Team to begin processing your request.
If you do not receive your minutes on a given month, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org for instructions. Make sure to include your name and enrollment ID (or your Q Link phone number) in the subject line or body of the email so we can identify your account and research the issue.
If you were sent an excessive amount of spam text messages, you may notify our customer support department to investigate your account. Send an email to email@example.com with your name and enrollment ID (or your Q Link phone number) in the subject line or body of the email. Make sure you also include the phone number(s) that have been sending you spam text messages. Please allow up to 5-7 business days for us to investigate and respond.
Finding the user manual for your specific phone couldn’t be easier. For your convenience, we’ve gathered a library of many (though not all) user manuals. To see if your phone’s user manual is included, visit the Phone Manuals page of the Help Center.
Otherwise, you can find and view your Q Link phone’s user manual online. Go to www.google.com, or your preferred search engine’s URL. In the search bar, type your phone’s manufacturer and model number and “download manual,” then press search. Your phone’s user manual should be the first or second search result.
Once the user manual is open on your browser, you may save the manual to your computer or print it out for future viewing.
Select your topic below: