Why am I receiving an email about using my phone to avoid cancellation?
You may receive an email warning you about Lifeline service cancellation for any of the following reasons:
- You have not used your phone in at least 15 days.
Per the Lifeline program’s restrictions, if you do not use your Q Link phone for thirty (30) consecutive days, Q Link Wireless will provide you notice that your Lifeline cell phone service will be terminated for non-usage after a thirty (30) day period. To avoid service deactivation, we send an automatic email to notify customers of this guideline. You will receive this email if you have not used your Q Link cell phone in at least 15 days.However, if you are not using your Q Link phone because you ran out of minutes earlier in the month, please disregard any messages about using your phone. Just make sure you use your phone once you receive your free minutes on the first of the month.Here’s how you can keep your Q Link service active:
- Place a call to a friend or family member right now.
- Receive a call from a friend or family member right now.
- Use your phone to send a text to a friend or family member right now.
- Use the free data (not Wi-Fi!) on your phone to surf the web, check social media, send or receive an email, watch a video, or use apps & features that require data.
- Call us toll-free at 1-855-754-6543 to speak with a Customer Support Representative.
If you’re out of minutes, you can add more minutes to your Q Link phone at the lowest rates, and even add extra data! With our low-cost minutes & data bundles, you’ll get unlimited minutes, unlimited text & picture messaging, and your choice of extra data—starting at only $15!
Or, if you have not used your Q Link cell phone because it is lost, stolen or broken, click here to order your replacement phone and we’ll even throw in some exciting freebies. For a only $25, you’ll receive:
- Your replacement phone
- An upgrade to a smartphone at no extra cost
- $30 worth of free bonus minutes
- You need to complete your Annual Recertification.
Federal guidelines require all active Lifeline customers to recertify their eligibility for the Lifeline program once a year. If you do not recertify within your specified time period, your service will be cancelled. We will contact you to verify that you are still enrolled in a government assistance program, or that your income still meets your state’s Federal Poverty Guidelines.
We will remind you that it’s time to recertify via email, phone, text, and post card. Completing your Annual Recertification is fast and easy, and recertification renews your free cell phone service for another year at no cost. Learn how to complete your Annual Recertification.
- You may have Lifeline service with another provider.
You may have received a letter from USAC notifying you that you have more than one Lifeline service provider. According to government regulations, you may only have Lifeline service with one provider.To keep receiving your Lifeline service through Q Link Wireless with high-quality nationwide coverage, you must choose us as your sole Lifeline provider. To do so, please contact USAC at the toll-free number provided in their letter right away.
Select your topic below: