Federal and/or State regulatory authorities require that active Lifeline customers recertify their eligibility for the Lifeline Assistance program once a year.
We will provide you with easy ways to recertify for the Lifeline program and remind you via phone, text, email and post card. You must complete the free Annual Recertification process, or your Lifeline cell phone service will be cancelled. Completing your Annual Recertification is fast and easy, and recertification renews your free cell phone service for another year at no cost. Click here to complete your Annual Recertification now.
Remember that you should use your phone at least once every 30 days to continue keeping your service turned on.
As a Q Link Wireless customer, you will receive a free cell phone and free wireless minutes for 12 months of service. After a year of service, you will need to recertify your eligibility for the Lifeline Assistance program. This is called an Annual Recertification. If you do not recertify within the specified time period, your free Lifeline cell phone service will be cancelled. We will contact you annually to verify that you are still enrolled in a government assistance program or that your income still meets your state’s Federal Poverty Guidelines.
Remember, you must inform us if you no longer qualify for Lifeline service, if you change your address, or if your income changes. If you no longer qualify but would like to continue as a Q Link Wireless customer, we will be happy to tell you about our prepaid plans.
To continue keeping your phone service active, you should use your phone at least once every 30 days.
In order to continue receiving your Lifeline service from Q Link Wireless, each year you must certify that you still qualify for Q Link Wireless based on participation in certain public assistance programs such as Food Stamps/Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP), Medicaid, or Supplemental Security Income (SSI).
If your state allows, you may also continue to qualify if your total household income is at or below the applicable Federal Poverty Guidelines, based on family size.
You will be notified when it’s time to recertify via phone, text, email, and postcard. If you do not submit your free Annual Recertification by December 31, your cell phone service will be turned off.
We have several ways for you to recertify. Just choose the one that’s easiest for you:
- ONLINE – Recertify online by going to www.qlinkwireless.com/recertify and then follow the instructions on that page.
- OVER THE PHONE – Easily recertify in minutes with one of our Recertification Specialists! Just call us toll-free at 1-855-657-5465. Click here to learn how to recertify over the phone.
- MAIL – You may receive our Annual Recertification form through the mail. Complete, sign, and mail the Annual Recertification form back to us in the provided prepaid envelope. You may also fax this back to us toll-free at 1-855-837-5465 or email it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- FAX – Complete, sign, and fax the Annual Recertification form toll-free to 1-855-837-5465.
Completing your Annual Recertification will renew your free Lifeline cell phone service for another year. You should use your phone at least once every 30 days to avoid service cancellation.
Complete your Annual Recertification in minutes with one of our friendly Recertification Specialists! To complete and submit your Annual Recertification over the phone, simply call us toll-free at 1-855-657-5465.
Please have your Q Link enrollment ID or Q Link phone number ready before calling. You may need this to access your account. Recertifying over the phone is done in three easy steps:
- Verify that your account information has not changed since applying, and if needed, make changes accordingly.
- Confirm that you still participate in a government assistance program or have an annual household income that meets your state’s Federal Poverty Guidelines. If you need to make changes, you will be allowed to update your current government assistance program or make changes to your annual household income.
- Certify and agree, under penalty of perjury, to 7 statements about the Lifeline Assistance program and Q Link Wireless. Your recertification completes once you agree to all 7 statements.
Completing your Annual Recertification over the phone will renew your free Lifeline cell phone service for another year. You should use your phone at least once every 30 days to avoid service cancellation.
If you are randomly chosen for the Annual Verification Audit required by the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) and administered by the Universal Service Administrative Company (USAC), you will be required to provide documented proof of government program participation or, if qualified through the income based on the state’s Federal Poverty Guidelines, a documented proof of income. A package with instructions will be mailed to you by Q Link Wireless, and you will be required to comply with the instructions. Failure to comply may cause cancellation of your Lifeline program benefit.
You may recertify your account between March and October of the following year after sign up. We highly recommend you complete your Annual Recertification as soon as you can.
Q Link Wireless will remind you when it’s time to recertify your Lifeline service via phone, text, email, and post card. Once you receive notification, you will have a specified time period to complete and submit your Annual Recertification. Remember that failing to recertify within the time period will result in termination of your Q Link Wireless account and cancellation of your Lifeline cell phone service.
In order to qualify for or renew your Lifeline service, you must participate in a government assistance program such as Food Stamps, Medicaid or government programs specific to your state. You may also qualify if you meet your state’s low income requirements.
It is your responsibility to notify Q Link Wireless within 30 days if you are no longer eligible for the Lifeline Assistance Program.
If you are no longer eligible for Lifeline, please call us toll-free at 1-855-657-5465. You’ll need to verify the current information on your account, so please have that information available when you call.
Keep in mind that if you are no longer eligible for the Lifeline program, you can still keep your Q Link phone and phone number using our low-cost prepaid service. We offer the lowest prepaid rates around. You can even replace your current prepaid service with your Q Link phone. Add minutes any time using our online express checkout or by dialing *611 from your Q Link phone. Click here to check out our low-cost plans.
You may receive an email warning you about Lifeline service cancellation for any of the following reasons:
- You have not used your phone in at least 15 days. Per the Lifeline program’s restrictions, if you do not use your Q Link phone for sixty (60) consecutive days, Q Link Wireless will provide you notice that your Lifeline cell phone service will be terminated for non-usage after a thirty (30) day probationary period. To avoid service deactivation, we send an automatic email to notify customers of this guideline. You will receive this email if you have not used your Q Link cell phone in at least 15 days.However, if you are not using your Q Link phone because you ran out of minutes earlier in the month, please disregard any messages about using your phone. Just make sure you use your phone once you receive your free minutes on the first of the month.Here’s how you can keep your Q Link service active:
- Place a call to a friend or family member right now.
- Receive a call from a friend or family member right now.
- Call us toll-free at 1-855-754-6543 to speak with a Customer Support representative about keeping your service.
In the meantime, you can add more minutes to your Q Link phone at the lowest rates.
Or, if you have not used your Q Link cell phone because it is lost, stolen or broken, please contact us by sending an email to email@example.com. Make sure you include your name and enrollment ID (or your Q Link phone number) in the subject line or body of the email, and our Customer Support team will assist you within 2 to 3 business days.
- You need to complete your Annual Recertification. Federal guidelines require all active Lifeline customers to recertify their eligibility for the Lifeline program once a year. If you do not recertify within your specified time period, your service will be cancelled. We will contact you to verify that you are still enrolled in a government assistance program, or that your income still meets your state’s Federal Poverty Guidelines.
We will remind you that it’s time to recertify via email, phone, text, and post card. Completing your Annual Recertification is fast and easy, and recertification renews your free cell phone service for another year at no cost. Learn how to complete your Annual Recertification.
- You may have Lifeline service with another provider. You may have received a letter from USAC notifying you that you have more than one Lifeline service provider. According to government regulations, you may only have Lifeline service with one provider.
To keep receiving your Lifeline service through Q Link Wireless with high-quality nationwide coverage, you must choose us as your sole Lifeline provider. To do so, please contact USAC at the toll-free number provided in their letter right away.
Select your topic below: